Congratulations to Hitesh Modi, our Retailer of the Month!
Congratulations to our February retailer of the month and winner of our Christmas Sparkling Store Makeover competition – Hitesh Modi! Working with Link Shopfitting, his store has recently undergone a full refit, changing fascia to Londis and expanding their confectionery and alcohol offering.
With help from Ferrero, Hitesh’s store underwent a festive makeover in December 2019, helping to boost confectionery sales by 28% throughout the month (when compared to December 2018). Hitesh also held an event to give to back to the community and spread some Christmas joy amongst his community. A magician, face painter and brass band entertained shoppers throughout the afternoon and created a great feeling inside and outside the store. As a result of the Sparkling Store Makeover, Hitesh saw the following impact on his store:
- Footfall was up by 3.8% compared to an average Friday in December
- Sales for confectionery for the month of December 2019 were 28% higher than December 2018
- Sales for the confectionery on the day of the event were 74% higher than the same day in 2018
You can find the full video from the day here:
Hitesh's TOP TIPS FOR fellow retailers include:
- Differentiation is key. “We always try to offer something different from other retailers. One way that we look to do this is supporting local suppliers that can offer our store something extra compared to the larger mults and nearby stores. Another way that our store stands out is through trying a new range of products. Offering something unique can tap into a consumer demand that you didn’t realise was already there – this is frequently the case with our wide range of confectionery.”
- Have a strong core. “It’s important to stock a variety of products that are popular and in demand all year round. Over the years as a store, we’ve built a strong core confectionery range based on shopper demand. Having this firm foundation helps us generate interest and sales all year round, and means we can supplement our offering with seasonal items to give customers a wide range to choose from.”
- In-store theatre is key. “This can be implemented in multiple ways. At a fundamental level, we always try to create eye-catching seasonal displays and decorate the store appropriately to encourage shoppers to purchase for a specific calendar occasion. Having won Ferrero’s Sparkling Store Makeover, we were able to install a number of Christmas-themed decorations in December 2019 that created a festive feel in-store. Ferrero also supported us in putting on a community event, helping to bring people together to celebrate with the help of a brass band and a magician. Laying on this entertainment benefitted the store too, as we saw footfall increase by 3.8% on the day as well.”
Are you our next Retailer of the Month?